Do you love peanut butter?
Have you ever tried peanut butter?
Are you confused about how to pick the best peanut butter?
Are you thinking of peanut butter is safe for controlling diabetes, weight, cholesterol, and high blood pressure?
Gone are those days when you used to avoid peanuts to keep your weight or cholesterol under control. Research has proved again and again how peanut is actually helpful to keep your blood sugar, cholesterol, and weight under check. (1,2,3,4,5,6)
Pick the best quality peanut butter and eat in moderation to ensure the goodness of the product.
This blog is going to be all about –
- How to pick the best peanut butter in India?
- What are the best brands available in the Indian Market?
- How to make peanut butter at home?
- What are the benefits of peanut butter?
- How much peanut butter is enough for a day?
- How to have peanut butter?
- Who can have peanut butter and who can’t?
How to pick the best peanut butter in India?
Lesser the better.
Make a habit of checking the ingredient list mentioned at the back of the product. A smaller ingredient list is better. Don’t fall for the catchy advertisement.
For peanut butter, it’s always better to choose a product with a single ingredient- roasted peanut and that’s all. You may be surprised to know that for making a good peanut butter all you need is roasted peanut. Commercial products are no exception. You don’t really need any preservatives or additives to be added to this product.
Avoid having peanut butter with added sugar or salt.
There are many brands available in the Indian market which contains only peanuts in peanut butter.
Pick as per texture and flavor
You will get the creamy or crunchy texture and chocolate-flavored peanut butter in the Indian market. Feel free to pick either creamy or crunchy as per your choice. If you are a hard-core chocolate fan then you may like the chocolate peanut butter as well. However whatever you choose, always check the ingredient list.
Best Peanut butter in India – Top 10 brands
Here in this list, I am only mentioning the brands which contain only peanut as an ingredient and nothing else. Lists of the top 10 peanut butter brands are mentioned in the following table along with a comparison with nutritive value (per 100 g) and price.
|Pintola||639||18||30||49||0||19||1 kg||399||Roasted peanut|
|Di Sano||639||18||30||49||0||19||1 kg||328||Roasted peanut|
|The butternut co||640||15||32||50||0||Not mentioned||1 kg||372||Roasted peanut|
|The whole truth||651.4||17.7||25||53.4||0||25.9||925||318||Peanut|
|Happy jar||618.4||18.4||33.1||45.9||0||0.03||290||275||Roasted peanut|
|TruBite||620||17||30||48||18||1 kg||369||Roasted peanut|
|As it is||656||19.6||30||50||0||18.75||1 kg||398||Roasted peanut|
|Yoga bar||646.8||14||31.2||51.5||0||Not mentioned||1 kg||399||Roasted peanut, natural flavor (rosemary extract)|
|Alpino||625||18||30||49||0||25||1 kg||378||Roasted peanut|
Interested to buy the best peanut butter in India? Consider following the links below –
- Pintola – https://amzn.to/3qtBDOj
- Di Sano – https://amzn.to/3KZdQO6
- The butternut co – https://amzn.to/3tzmgpF
- The whole truth – https://amzn.to/3ulryEn
- Nutrabay – https://amzn.to/3iuRB6p
- Happy jar – https://amzn.to/37YFLzD
- TruBite – https://amzn.to/3D4Jx5H
- As it is – https://amzn.to/353efQ6
- Yoga bar – https://amzn.to/3ItfTYV
- Alpino – https://amzn.to/3Nf7Fre
How to make peanut butter at home?
It’s easy and very simple to prepare peanut butter at home. Check the link below and follow the recipe to make it within 10 minutes.
What are the benefits of having peanut butter regularly?
- It is a good source of protein, energy, and good fat
- Research suggests oleic acid present in peanut fat helps to reduce triglyceride and total cholesterol levels (4,5,6). Thus if you are suffering from high cholesterol or high blood pressure or any cardiovascular disease, feel free to consume peanut butter.
- Peanut helps to keep the blood glucose level in control. Study shows that having peanut regularly as a part of breakfast helps to improve insulin response. (3)
- Peanut makes you feel full. Therefore if you are trying to lose weight, consider adding peanut butter to your breakfast or evening snack. The peanut butter will give you good nutrition and high satiety value. (1,2)
- If you want to gain muscle and increase your weight, adding peanut butter to your diet is again a great nutritious choice.
Is peanut butter good to eat every day?
You can have peanut butter every day in moderation as a part of your healthy diet.
How much peanut butter is enough for a day?
You don’t need to load yourself even if you have got the best peanut butter in India. Peanut butter is good for you when you have it regularly in moderation. 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter are enough for a day for any healthy individual. Consider including peanut butter mindfully as a part of your balanced diet.
How to have peanut butter?
You may have peanut butter in various ways –
- Add it in oats- banana smoothie
- Spread it over toast or a bun
- Use it as a fruit dip. Generally, apple- peanut butter or pear- peanut butter goes really well as a healthy evening snack.
- You may try homemade peanut butter cookie or cake to satisfy your sugar craving once in two weeks
- Lastly, feel free to have a spoon of it just like that.
Who should not have peanut butter?
If you have a peanut allergy, you must avoid any product that contains peanuts.
Peanut butter can be a part of a healthy, balanced diet for almost everyone. If you are suffering from heavyweight, diabetes, high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease, or cholesterol issue, as mentioned above, peanut butter can still be a part of your daily diet.
However, for any other combination of therapeutic conditions such as renal issues, IBS, diverticulitis, uric acid, etc consider consulting a nutritionist before adding peanut butter to the daily diet.
Peanut has multiple health benefits. So for most people having peanut butter is going to be great for overall health. Pick the best peanut butter in India or prepare it at home. don’t forget to check the label. Feel free to add peanut butter to your regular diet. Eat-in moderation. You will be fine.