Are you a chocolate fan? Crave for chocolate especially after lunch or dinner? If yes, then this article is for you.
Chocolate is good for health. Yes, it has multiple health benefits if it’s dark chocolate. You will be excited to know that dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health.
Benefits of dark chocolate –
All the health benefits of dark chocolate come from cocoa. It is rich in fiber and minerals like – iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, selenium, zinc, etc.
Besides this, dark chocolate –
• is rich in organic compounds such as polyphenols, flavanols, and catechins which act as a potent antioxidants
• is beneficial for lowering blood pressure
• can decrease oxidized LDL and increase HDL level
• may reduce the risk of heart disease
• can reduce insulin resistance
• can improve cognitive function in elderly people
Okay, now obviously the question comes – which is the best chocolate in the Indian market? Unfortunately, the big chocolate brands in India don’t come under the healthiest chocolate category.
Shocked? Let me explain why? Pick any popular brand of chocolate and check the backside of the packet to know the truth. Most of the popular brands use sugar as the first ingredient. That means the major percentage of the product is nothing but sugar with moderate to low cocoa content.
How do we get chocolate?
How to choose healthy chocolate?
So if you are a true chocolate lover and also a health enthusiast always follow these golden rules before buying a chocolate –
- Always check the ingredient list at the back
- Smaller the ingredient list, the better the product
- Cocoa should be the first ingredient in the list, not somewhere in between
- Always choose chocolate containing 70% or more cocoa content provides more antioxidants and other health benefits
- Note higher the cocoa percentage means the lower sugar content
- Sugar should be the second or third on the ingredient list
- Your chocolate should not contain any unnecessary ingredients – trans fat, milk, artificial flavors, high amount of sugar, etc
- Avoid chocolate which is processed through “dutching” – an alkali treatment method that reduces the antioxidant content of the chocolate
- Buy fair trade and organic versions if possible. They are high in quality, free from any pesticides, and ethically sourced.
A smart choice – Trop Bon
So is there any chocolate brand that falls into this category? Luckily yes, nowadays there are few companies who are trying to make a difference.
Trop Bon is one such name. Especially two of their products caught my attention.
- Trop Bon dark chocolate
- Trop Bon dark chocolate coated dates with roasted almonds
6 reasons to pick Trop Bon?
- Made with only 3 ingredients – whole cocoa bean, palm sugar, cocoa butter – that’s it.
- Use only organic whole cocoa bean, cultivated and sourced from Idukki, Kerala
- Use palm sugar instead of refined sugar. Do you know palm sugar has a low glycemic index compared to other sweeteners? That means it prevents the sudden blood sugar spike rather it gives a steady blood glucose level.
- Contain 75% of cocoa
- Eco-friendly packaging – wrapped in mixed vegetable seed paper (plantable)
- Lastly, it’s a perfect choice for vegans and people with gluten sensitivity
Nutritional Information –
Pocket pinch –
Good quality products are a little pricier than others. The cost of genuine supreme raw materials like – organic cocoa bean, palm sugar, eco-friendly plantable mixed vegetable seed paper packaging is itself expensive.
The product costs Rs. 300/-
How to buy it?
Contact through –
- facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Tropbon-101429302086746/
- Whatsapp – +91 9390580699
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a sponsored post. The article has been written after tasting the products and checking the nutritional assessment-related lab reports.