We are busy, especially in the morning while we have to rush for office. So what to do? Breakfast cereals – cornflakes/muesli/ granola is the go-to option. All we need is to add milk/yogurt, maybe some fruits and DONE. Plus advertise clearly mention how nutritious are they with full of iron, calcium and what not. What else we need?
But what they hide may be the amount of processed sugar they add making such yummy breakfast cereals. Are you thinking that you are saved as you choose the healthy version with low calorie and low fat? Well, let me break your heart by saying that you are being fooled over and over.
So, what to do? Saving time is a MUST and you can’t go wrong with your health. Have you ever calculated that how much money is your spending over buying breakfast cereal? Stop wasting money on it. You can make a better, healthy and instant version spending 30 minutes during the weekend. 30 minutes for the sake of a healthy homemade breakfast cereal throughout the week is not a bad deal right?
All you need to make a instant homemade breakfast cereal are-
1. Cereal(Puffed rice, Flaked rice, Rolled oats, Wheat flakes, Ragi flakes, Cornflakes – any two or three with its raw version)- 200 gm each
2. Nuts (Almond, Cashew, Walnut – all or as per choice)- 50 gm each
3. Dry fruits (Dates, Figs, Raisins – any one or two as per choice)- 50 gm each
4. Seeds (Pumpkin seed, Sesame seed, Melon seed, Flax seed – all or as per choice)- 25 gm each
5. Cinnamon powder-as per taste
6. Jaggery -as per taste
7. Cocoa powder (unsweetened)- Optional- as per taste
8. Grated coconut- Optional- as per taste
How to make instant breakfast cereal?
Step 1: Roast the breakfast cereals that you have chosen in a dry pan for 10 minutes
Step 2: Similarly roast nuts and seeds separately for 5 minutes each
Step 3: Mix all the cereals, nuts and seeds together.
Step 4: Heat jaggery in a separate pan adding little water to make a smooth liquid
Step 5: Pour the liquid jaggery from the top of the roasted mixture
Step 6: Mix all together
Step 7: Sprinkle cinnamon and cocoa powder/coconut over the mixture
Step 8: Mix everything again
Step 9: Let the mixture get cooled and store it in a glass/ stainless steel jar.
How do I eat this?
Eat exactly the way you wish to eat your cornflakes/ muesli or granola adding milk (hot or cold) or yogurt. You can add a banana or any fruits too as per your choice. You can also have one or two handful of this instant breakfast cereal just like that as a healthy evening snack.
Also read –
Still……Why should I make this breakfast cereal at home?
1. Highly nutritious – The mixture of roasted cereals, seeds, dry fruits, nuts provide balanced nutrition
2. Rich in protein, fiber, good fat, and micronutrients
3. Instant food – save your time
4. Quality – Since homemade, you know what exactly you are eating
5. No processed sugar or hidden sugar – You can adjust the amount of jaggery in your breakfast cereal and most importantly you are aware how much of jaggery you are using.
6. No preservatives/ chemicals– Commercial breakfast cereals are added with chemicals and preservatives. But while making at home, you don’t need to add any.
7. Flavors – Make different flavors of breakfast cereal -cocoa/ cinnamon/ coconut – as per your choice.
8. Save money – You can make double the amount of spending half the money compared to any commercial breakfast cereals
9. IT’S TASTY
Try this homemade breakfast cereal this weekend.
Follow us on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/wellnessmunch/?ref=bookmarks
Follow us on Instagram https://instagram.com/soma.b.chakrabarty?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1tnlrvuxcv9be