Difficult time pushes us to try new things. Since daily vegetable shopping looks like a dream these days, I am trying to explore ways to preserve vegetables for a longer period of time.
I had almost 500g of chilis in stock. I washed and kept them wrapped in a paper towel in the refrigerator. But after a week it started getting dry. Therefore to save the chilies, I tried a no-cook pickle recipe which can keep the chili fresh for 2-3 months. If you are also struggling to keep chili fresh, you may try this recipe –
- Green chilli – 500 g
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 2 table spoon
- Cumin (Jeera) – 2 table spoon
- Mustard Seeds – 2 table spoon
- Fenugreek seed – 2 table spoon
- Mustard oil – 100 ml
- Vinegar – 100 ml
- Turmeric – 1 table spoon
- Salt – 1 table spoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 tea spoon
- Wash and dry the chilies
- Remove the stems from chilies.
- Cut chilies into small pieces.
- Put fennel seeds, cumin, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in a grinder and grind well.
- Take a clean dry mixing bowl and put the chili pieces
- Add the freshly ground spice mixture to it
- Add mustard oil and vinegar to the mixture
- Add salt, turmeric, and asafoetida one by one to the mixture
- Mix them all
- Your chili pickle is ready
- Store it in a clean dry glass bottle and keep it in refrigerator
- Remember to use always a dry spoon to take out pickle
- Use this pickle for making curries or enjoy with your meal