During Summer raw mango is abundantly available. We use raw mangoes in several recipes like raw mango pickle, chutney, dal, sabji, etc. but we do not bother to utilize raw mango peels in our cooking. Rather we take the fleshy part of the raw mango and discard the peels as kitchen waste.
But it is scientifically proven that peels of raw mango are loaded with several types of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is also a very good source of dietary fiber.
The taste and flavor of raw mango peels are undoubtedly very good. So, after knowing the mango peel benefits, it is our responsibility to utilize the goodness of raw mango peels.
Today, I like to introduce a new recipe using raw mango peels. It does not involve any cooking. It is a special type of green chutney, containing a substantial amount of raw mango peels. Believe me, this special green chutney is much healthier and tastier than the conventional green chutney.
- Raw Mango peels: Half cup
- Ginger (grated): Half teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves: one handful
- Fresh mint leaves: one handful
- Green chilli: 1
- Black cumin seeds (Kalonji): A pinch
- Sugar: one teaspoon
- Black salt: A pinch
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Nil
- Cut the mango peels into thick slices and crush them using a grinder.
- Chop a handful of each coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- In a grinding jar take all the ingredients in required amounts, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, mix them and grind the mixture into a smooth paste.
- Your green chutney is ready.
How to take green chutney?
This green chutney can be taken with roti, paratha, dosa or idli. It can be served with snacks like chop, fried foods etc.
How to store?
This green chutney can not be stored at room temperature because it is a high perishable recipe. It is always better to take freshly prepared green chutney. But if you like to store it, you should keep the green chutney in an air-tight glass container which should be kept in the refrigerator.
Even in the refrigerator, green chutney should not be kept for more than two days.
Health Benefits of Raw mango peel chutney
This recipe does not involve any heating or cooking, so maximum amounts of nutrients are retained.
- This recipe supplies a lot of dietary fibre to your daily diet. A high fibre diet helps to maintain optimum body weight and normal blood glucose level.
- Regular intake of this chutney helps to prevent obesity and diabetes.
- It is loaded with several vitamins like carotene, folic acid etc.
- It is a good source of zinc, which is essential for maintaining good health.
- It will boost immunity.