Yogurt Apple Shake is a white-colored, thick, tasteful, healthy shake. It is a curd based dairy shake. It is a combination of prebiotic food (apple) and probiotic food (curd or dahi).
The preparation of the Yoghurt Apple Shake is very easy, taking only a few minutes to prepare. It can be served at any time. It is a gut-friendly, natural food.
Anyone can prepare this tasteful recipe at any time in his/ her home. It requires only a few ingredients, which are readily available in our kitchen.
Ingredients for Yogurt Apple Smoothie
(For preparing 1 cup of shake)
- Apple (1 small size)
- Yogurt (half cup)
- Honey (I teaspoon)
- Black salt (a pinch)
How to prepare Yogurt Apple Smoothie
- Remove the seeds of the apple.
- Crush apple in the household mixer grinder.
- Add the required amounts of yogurt, honey and black salt.
- Mix well using a mixer.
- Now the smoothie is ready. Serve the freshly prepared smoothie is to be served as snacks.
Nutritive value of Yoghurt Apple Shake (g/100)
100g of Yoghurt Apple Shake contains –
- 1.5 g protein
- 2.05 g fat
- 12.03 g carbohydrate
- 0.5 g dietary fiber
- 72.45 Kcal of energy
- 72.3 mg of calcium,
- 49.65 mg of phosphorus and
- 0.46 g iron.
1. This is a very low calorie, healthy shake which can be consumed by anyone. It can also be given to sick individuals.[source: Nutritive value of Indian foods by C Gopalan]
2. This shake helps to hydrate our body, providing several phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. This recipe is useful to maintain good health. (1)
3. The regular intake of apple-yogurt shake has many potential health benefits. This helps to prevent many chronic diseases like cardiac problems, cancer, etc. (2)This recipe is good for our kids as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Regular intake of this shake helps to improve our physical strength and immunity.
4. Apple is prebiotic whereas yogurt or curd is a probiotic food. So, the combination of both of them is gut-friendly food. It will reduce digestive disorders. (3) It is good for the people who are suffering from hyper-acidity and excess intestinal gas formation.
5. Apple is a very good source of fiber whereas curd supplies probiotics, so the combination of these two foods is helpful to prevent constipation.(4)
6. This shake is a low-calorie, low-fat fruit, loaded with fiber and antioxidants, so it is useful for weight reduction. (5, 6)
7. This shake also helps to reduce the blood cholesterol level. So, for the elderly, and cardiac patients, apple is a good choice of food. (7)
8. It is evident that apple reduces the risk of asthma. So this shake must be taken by asthma patients.(8)
9. This tasteful recipe is a good source of antioxidants in our diet.(9)
10. Regular intake of apple and curd reduces the risk of developing cancer. (10)
Also read –
Yogurt apple shake is a healthy yogurt-based shake. It is low calorie, low fat, low protein recipe loaded with several phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Regular intake of this smoothie is good for cardiac patients, diabetic individuals and aged persons. It is a good health drink for kids. This recipe helps to reduce body weight and prevents constipation. The recipe provides both prebiotics and probiotics, so it is a gut-friendly shake.