The marriage season is round the corner. It’s time to flaunt your true self. But your indulgence in the last couple of months during festival is pulling your confidence levels down. It’s time to kick back. go for some quick weight loss and get in shape. This reshape will not only make you look fabulous but will also optimize your health.
Losing that extra flab around your waist and toning your body can feel like a challenge, especially when you have no time on your hands to prep yourself up before an occasion. If you’ve been thinking of starving yourself to flaunt your favorite outfit, you’re heading the wrong way.
Is it even possible to reshape in two weeks by quick weight loss?
Let the process start. It’s always the first few weeks that gives the best result while trying to be in shape. It’s possible to shed those few bulges which you have gained in the last few days may be due to recent exotic holiday or excessive work pressure ignoring your workouts and regular binging.
Get back into shape by making small, realistic changes, instead of setting yourself up for failure by being overly drastic. Aim to follow the given suggestions in this article to reclaiming your waistline for the next party.
It’s not about only calories or exercise…The answer to weight loss is simple. Your weight is regulated by hormone. All that is needed is a step by step approach towards reducing your fat-storing hormones. The major aspects which control these hormones are DIET, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY/EXERCISE, STRESS MANAGEMENT, SLEEP, AND HYDRATION.
Are you thinking that you don’t binge? Oh, come on!! Your extra flab is there for a reason. If not binging, then probably not drinking enough water or not sleeping well or not moving much or not exercising at all or taking too much stress. Find out where are you lacking and start working on it.
Meanwhile, let’s focus on the tips of each category
1) Which diet will help to reshape in two weeks?
A scheduled eating plan that restricts your binging, encouraging your body to use your stored fat as its primary source of energy will help to shed few kilos.
Keep a written diet plan for the 2 weeks, stick to it and keep yourself monitoring.
Note down your initial weight and measure your waist, thighs, and biceps. Any reduction in these values will encourage you to proceed towards your goal and keep yourself motivated. Focus on the quality of food. Portion control in every meal is a must for weight reduction.
Do’s – You Must follow
1. You may consider doing intermittent fasting (IF) or can take small frequent meals depending on your convenience and choice. If following IF, then try to keep it for 14-16 hrs. Eat two major meals and one snack during the eating window. If you want to try a small frequent meal, then you must try to eat 6-7 small meals throughout the day. Make sure all the meals are either homemade or contain natural fresh foods.
2. Include local and seasonal fresh foods instead of packaged and ultra-processed foods. Avoid all processed and refined foods available. No readymade sugary drinks, sweets, commercial pickles, and deep-fried foods should be taken. Stop dreaming about ice creams, fritters, burgers and pizza. Stay away from all aerated drinks, Alcohol and other sugary beverages.
3. Include complex carbohydrates (parboiled rice, whole wheat, rolled oats, jowar bajra, ragi, puffed rice, flaked rice, popped rice, broken wheat, semolina, etc), proteins (variety of pulses, sprouts, egg, fish, lean meat etc)and healthy fats(nuts and seeds, pure ghee, cold-pressed/kachi ghani oil etc) in your diet along with good portion of vegetables and fruits.
4. Eat a moderate amount of carbohydrates, Try to increase your protein intake. Add good fat with every major meal.
5. Your kitchen has a mini pharmacy – your spice box. Improve your metabolic health by using Indian spices. Spices and herbs from your kitchen help in detox your system and boosting the metabolic rate in your body.
6. Snacking is the most important factor while following a diet for weight loss. Keep nuts, seeds and makhanas handy to keep you satiated. But only one fistful and that’s all. Munch on crunchy fruits in between. Vegetable juices, salads, whole fruits, coconut water, Lemon water, Bhel, and sprouts are the best snacks for healthy weight loss.
7. Timing is crucial. Finish your breakfast by 9am ,lunch by 2pm and dinner by 8 pm and sleep by 10 pm. Remember no food or a handful of snacks/fruits in between.
8. Try to avoid eating out and avoid late dinners. If at all you end up eating out try to choose healthier options like steamed, grilled or baked rather than deep-fried items. If its late-night try to have a soup with steamed vegetables.
9. Do not skip any of your meals as it will only lead to deficiency and weakness and sometimes towards overeating shortly. Then instead of losing weight, you may gain some.
Most of us know all the above points but forget in our day to day life. Keep a note on this and strictly follow them.
2) How do physical activity or exercises help in weight reduction?
Without proper physical exercise, we cannot achieve our weight loss goal. A vigorous 45 min – 60 min workout will help you burn approximately 500 calories per day. Try different workout routines like kickboxing, Tabata, Zumba and swimming as per your choice. Only Cardio workout will not help in toning your body. Try to include weights and strengthening exercises for better results. HIIT workouts are very beneficial for fast and effective weight loss. Surya namaskars help to activate our hormonal glands like thyroid, pancreas, and pituitary which releases hormones for boosting metabolic activities.
Do’s – You Must follow
- Compulsory 45-60 minutes work out is compulsory.
- If possible try to walk or cycle to your workplace.
- Be as much as active throughout your day.Stop ordering others (specially kids) to get small stuffs.
- Use the staircase instead of elevators and escalators.
- Spin it off while watching television. Do cycling or elliptical while watching your favorite show on television.
Don’ts – Things you must stop doing right now
- Don’t be a couch potato.
- Never go for a work out on empty stomach. Have a Banana 30 minutes before your workout. Don’t eat immediately after a workout. Give a gap of one hour after the workout and have your meal or snack.
- Stop procrastination for doing the physical workout for a never coming “perfect day”.
- All these will help you to lose those extra inches from your waist and make you feel lighter.
3) How Stress Management and Sleep effect in quick weight loss?
Stress causes an imbalance in two important hormones called Adrenaline and Cortisol which control hunger. This imbalance may increase your appetite and cause cravings for high-calorie comfort food like pizza, chips and ice creams. These cravings tend to result in weight gain. Identify why you are eating. Are you feeling hungry or just thirsty?
Keep all the junk and comforting food out of your home and office. Stress and Sleep are interlinked. Too much stress and anxiety may lead to sleep deprivation. Proper sleep of 7- 8 hours per day is a must to maintain a healthy weight. This is likely caused by the impact of sleep on two important hormones- ghrelin and leptin.
Ghrelin is the hunger hormone released in the stomach that signals hunger in the brain. Levels are high before you eat, which is when the stomach is empty, and low after you eat.
Leptin is the satiety hormone released from fat cells. It suppresses hunger and signals fullness in the brain. When you do not get adequate sleep, the body makes more ghrelin and less leptin, leaving you hungry and increasing your appetite.
Do’s – You Must follow
- Identify your stress and try to relax. If can’t, then consult an expert for proper stress management.
- Divert yourself in work out and physical activities for managing stress.
- Yoga and meditation everyday help in managing stress.
- A walk after dinner and breathing exercises help to calm down your mind. This will help you to have a sound sleep.
Don’ts – Things you must stop doing right now
- Digital things like mobile, iPad and television will increase stress to our eyes and brain, The harmful radiations will cause unnecessary strain to our nerves in the eyes and brain. Cut off from the digital world two hours before your sleep. Is it so difficult? Try to read a book, talk to your friends and family or go for a walk in the fresh air. If possible try some gardening.
- Do not keep your sleep as your last priority.
4) How does hydration help in weight loss?
Water can be really helpful for weight loss. It is 100% calorie-free, helps you burn more calories and may even suppress your appetite if consumed before meals. The benefits are even greater when you replace sugary beverages with water.
You may have detox water and green tea once or twice a day. Don’t just gulp water. Keep yourself well hydrated throughout the day. You need 3-4 liters per day to maintain good hydration in the body.
Quick weight loss is not as easy as it sounds but also not an impossible task. Initial few kg probably be easy for you but ultimately it requires lifestyle changes, effort, hard work, and motivation. If you make time for yourself and establish an action plan there is no doubt that you will be able to achieve good health and fitness. Stay happily healthy and enjoy the marriage season mindfully.