We are storing too much food in the fear that nothing will be available in the future, so we should store more grains, more non-veg items, more vegetables, more fruits, and more grocery items. But in reality, vegetables and fruits are perishable items, they can’t be stored in good conditions for more than 3 days at room temperature. So, 2 or 3 days after purchasing the fruits and vegetables, we realized the situation that many foods will be stale within a day but We can’t consume all of them in a single day. In this situation, the only solution is to cook them quickly which can extend their self-life for the next 3 or 4 days.
If you have many types of fruits in your home, preparing fruit chutney is the best option. It is very easy to prepare, the chutney is yummy. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days in good condition. You can use any types of juicy fruits, with added dry fruits and nuts.
I am using the following ingredients.
- Fresh Fruits
- Dry fruits
- Dried ripe mango (Aamsora)
- Cashew nut
- Juices of a Lemon
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Salt (a pinch)
Method of Preparation –
- Cut the fresh fruits into small pieces
- Soak the raisins, dates, and cashew nuts in little water.
- Prepare a sugar syrup, using ½ cup of sugar boiled in a cup of water, add a pinch of salt and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried fruits, cook for a minute, and switch off the gas.
- Cool the syrup, add all the fresh fruit, and add the lemon juice.
- Now your fruit chantey is ready, serve the fresh chantey.
- Don’t add fresh fruits to the hot syrup, it will cause cooking of fruits, destroying the bright color and crispy taste of the chantey.
- You may adjust the amount of sugar added depending on your taste.