Bael or wood apple is the most commonly available fruit in India. It is rich in several nutrients and antioxidants. It can be taken by anyone. It helps to prevent and treat many diseases like cardiac diseases, diabetes, and abdominal disorders.
Summer is the time when we like to drink more and more water and juices. Our body needs to be rehydrated and replenished with several minerals and vitamins. Bael fruits are also mostly available in this season. So, you should utilize the nutritional and antioxidant potentials of wood apple for the maintenance of good health.
Fruit-based drinks are far far better than the synthetic juices and thus are being replaced by fruit beverages. Fruit beverages are easily digestible, highly refreshing, thirst-quenching, appetizing, and nutritionally far superior to many synthetic drinks and cold drinks. (1)
So, guys this summer is the season for making your home-based fruit beverage using ripe wood apple or bael. Let’s list out the common kitchen ingredients required for making bael panna and then prepare it in your home.
For preparing 2 glass of Bel panna, you need –
- Wood apple or Bael: 1 medium size
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Black salt: A pinch
- Black pepper: A pinch (optional)
- Milk: 2 Cup
- Take a medium size wood apple, wash it under running tap water to remove dirt from the outer surface.
- Break the hard covering of wood apple using a hammer, and then remove the ripe, yellow coloured pulp with the help of a teaspoon or knife.
- Mix the pulp with
- Add 2 cups of milk to the pulp, mix well and strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Now your wood apple beverage (bael panna) is ready.
- Serve the freshly prepared, home-made, fruit beverage to your family members in hot summer and enjoy.
Storage of the Drink:
It is better to serve the freshly prepared home-made Bael panna. But you may also store it in the refrigerator for a day.
Nutritional Facts of Bael Panna
Nutritive Value of a glass of Bael Panna (Per 100 g)
- Nutrients Amounts
- Energy – 128 Kcal
- Protein – 2.3 g
- Carbohydrate – 24.92 g
- Fat – 2.17 g
- Fibre – 1.16 g
- Calcium – 95 mg
- Phosphorus – 65 mg
- Iron – 0.436mg
*Source: The nutritive value of Bel Panna is prepared based on the value in Nutritive Values of
Health Benefits of Bael Panna
- Bael panna is a low-calorie, low-protein, low fat, low carbohydrate, home-made refreshing drink rich in minerals.
- It is a good source of vitamins and antioxidants too.
- Bael panna is a tasty fruit beverage.
- It is an excellent summer drink.
- It is rich in antioxidants, so good for your health.
- It is rich in fiber, thus helps to prevent constipation.
- It is good for those suffering from cardiac problems and/or diabetes. Diabetic individuals
- Should omit the use of sugar in preparing bael panna.
- It is good for obese individuals as it creates a feeling of fullness in the abdomen.