It is evident that we are sugar lovers rather, sugar addicts. By now, we are aware of all the harmful effects of packaged and processed sugar. But knowing and practically adopting a change is not easy my friend. So if you are struggling to control your sugar craving especially after meals, try mukhwas. A simple homemade mukhwas recipe can help you to get rid of the post-meal sweet craving.
What is Mukhwas?
If you are from north India you probably know what is mukhwas. This is the mixture of seeds used as a mouth freshener after a meal. Chewing a teaspoon of mukhwas after lunch and dinner helps to digest food better and also control the irresistible sweet craving after a meal. Try drinking water after chewing it – it tastes sweet.
How do we prepare for Mukhwas at home?
Ingredients: All that you need are-
- Fennel seed (saunf) -100 gm
- Carom seed (ajwain)-100 gm
- Coriander seed dal (dhaniya dal)-30 gm
- Sesame seed (white til)- 50 gm
- Flax seed (Alsi) – 50 gm
Homemade Recipe of Mukhwas: All that you need to do is-
- Roast each seed for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Make sure it does not burn.
- Then mix all the seeds together.
- Store them in a clean glass jar.
- This crunchy mixture will take away your sweet craving in no time.
Health benefits of Mukhwas –
Each seed present in this crunchy combination offers a range of health benefits.
- Mukhwas is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, dietary fiber and vitamins.
- Carom, fennel, coriander helps to promote better digestion and control acidity
- Sesame seed assists in lowering cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and raise the blood level of antioxidants.
- Fennel seed helps to prevent constipation and bloating
- Coriander provides antibacterial properties.
- Mukhwas is very effective to fix your post meal sugar craving
How about buying a ready-made Mukhwas ?
There is a variety of mukhwas available in the Indan market. Yes, I am talking about those sugar-coated colorful fennel seeds, anardana, hajmi goli, etc. It is hard to stop after eating only one. Their taste compels us to go for one extra and more. These mukhwas are filled with sugar and salt. So to control sugar cravings don’t fool yourself with another sugar preparation.
Want to buy instant sugar-free Mukhwas online? Check this link below.
Bottom line –
Having a teaspoon of Indian mukhwas after the meal is one of the most effective solutions to control sugar craving. Try this mukhwas recipe at home. Remember, sugar is sugar- be it in a form of laddu or donut or cake or anardana. Stop overeating. Be mindful while eating. The drill is simple – take out 10 minutes and make your mukhwas at home. That’s it.